Estimated reading time: 1 minute
Microsoft has recently come up with a new update for Windows 10 PCs, called Windows 10 May 2021 Update (version 21H1). This post lists some of the highlights of this update and sees how Seqrite Endpoint Security is compatible with this OS.
New Features of Windows 10 May 2021 Update
- When both internal and external Windows Hello cameras are present, Windows Hello multi-camera sets the default as the external camera.
- Performance improvements in Windows Defender Application Guard, including optimizing document opening scenario times.
- Performance improvements in Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Group Policy Service (GPSVC) to support remote work scenarios.
Supported Seqrite Endpoint Security Versions
- For Existing Users
- Users of Seqrite Endpoint Security 7.2 or later MUST take the latest Seqrite Updates first and then update to Windows 10 May 2021 update.
Recommendation – Before moving on to Windows 10 May 2021 Update, restart your PC after receiving the latest Seqrite updates.
- For New Users
- Fresh Install – Fresh installation of Seqrite Endpoint Security 7.2 and later versions is compatible with Windows 10 May 2021 Update.
How to apply the latest Seqrite Update?
How to ensure the Seqrite update has been successfully installed and is compatible with Windows 10 May 2021 Update?
- If your Seqrite Endpoint Security Client’s Virus Database Date is the latest, it means it is compatible with Windows 10 May 2021 Update.
- Note: Seqrite Endpoint Security 7.1 and earlier version are not supported for the Windows 10 May 2021 update.
- If you have any queries about the Windows 10 21H1 update and your Seqrite product, please call us on 1800-121-7377 or drop us a line in the comment sections below.